- Hypertension (high blood pressure) is the the major silent killer amongst young people in Nigeria. It is the most common cause of end stage kidney disease in Nigeria which carries a greater than 95% mortality rate within 6 months of diagnosis.
- Hypertension is a risk factor for two conditions found in the top ten causes of death in Nigeria, ischemic heart disease and strokes.
- Hypertension is even becoming more prevalent in rural areas and many Nigerians don’t know they have it.
- Hypertension “is already a significant public health burden in this population and that disease awareness level is very low”. (Banigbe et. al)
- Added a cumulative 63,405 Voters to the register
- Started the READY-TO-VOTE/SOROM TUO radio Program
- Strengthened our ties with INEC
- Engaged relevant community Leaders to neutralize the sit-at-home saga
- Engagement with the Disabled Community and Nigerian Correctional Center(Prison)
This chart shows the report of the blood pressure check carried it out in Abia state while the voter registration was ongoing.
OUT OF 51,203 PEOPLE WHO WERE TESTED:
- A % of people with high blood pressure
- B % of people with low blood pressure.
- C % of people with normal blood pressure